Date: 31 Aug 12 - 03 Sep 12
Location: Patrick AFB, FL
Project Officer: Margarita Mesones, Lt Col, CAP
Region Cadet Leadership School provides Phase III and IV cadets an opportunity to gain leadership knowledge, skills and experience through hands on exercises and classroom instruction. This school also provides senior level cadet officers a broader insight into the larger scale operation of the cadet program and enhances the cadet’s executive leadership and management skills of the cadet program.
Cadets must have completed the Billy Mitchell Award. Award must be posted to National Database NLT 31 Aug 12. Cadets must be in good standing within respective squadron.
Cost this year will be $100 per person (food and lodging included).
- Attach a check or money order for $100 made payable to Civil Air Patrol and mail to:
2201 SE 16th Ave
Homestead, FL 33035
- Cadets will arrive no earlier than 1700 and no later than 2100 on Friday, 31 Aug 12.
- Cadets must notify Lt Col Mesones of arrival and departure plans no later than 28 Aug 12
Cadets will be dismissed at approximately 1500 on Monday, 03 Sep 12. Cadets returning by commercial airline need to plan departure flights after 1700. Transportation to Orlando International Airport or Melbourne Airport will be provided.
Transportation to and from such activity is not the responsibility of CAP and is provided "as available”. Privately owned vehicles travel to or from such activity is performed strictly at the member’s own risk (reference CAPR 77-1 and CAPR 52- 16) and is not under CAP direction and control. Cadets arriving via commercial airline will use either Orlando International Airport (MCO) or Melbourne Airport (MLB) as the primary arrival/departure destination.
- 2 blue service uniform combinations (short sleeve)
- Casual clothes in good taste for after school wear. Please keep in mind that only
- conservative attire will be worn during the activity. The young men will dress as young
- gentlemen, and the young women will dress as young ladies.
- Sleeping bag or blanket/sheet
- Personal toiletry kit (soap, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, comb, brush, shaving kit,
- Shoeshine kit
- Shower shoes
- Pens/pencils, paper/notebook
- Complete set of CAP Leadership & Aerospace books (Learn to Lead)
- Any required medications
- Current CAP membership card
- Blue pullover sweater, cardigan sweater, or lightweight blue jacket
- Personal pillow if desired
- Your favorite strategy based board game